Over the years I've collected a reading list that I often will recommend to others (when asked). And I find myself adding to this list as I get my hands on new resources and books.
I know sometimes as parents, reading is a luxury. Well, reading books outside of your children's books that is! But, when you're seeking a good book for raising children, natural living, birthing and other topics that come up in our parenting path, here's a good list to get you started with choices to choose from.
- What Your Pediatrician Doesn't Know Can Hurt Your Child, Susan Markel, M.D.
- The Premature Baby Book, William Sears, M.D.
- The Attachment Parenting Book, William Sears, M.D.
- The Vaccine Book by Dr. Bob Sears, M.D.
- Attached at the Heart, Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker
- Playful Parenting, Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph. D.
- Unconditional Parenting, Alfie Kohn
- Nonviolent Communication, Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D.
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations, Stephanie Cave M.D.
- The Baby Book, William Sears, M.D.
- The Discipline Book, William Sears, M.D.
- Siblings Without Rivalry, Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- The Portable Pediatrician, Willam Sears, MD, Martha Sears, RN, Robert Sears, MD
- Happy Kids by Dr. Laura Markham
- Beyond the Sling by Mayim Bialik
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How To Stop Yelling and Start Connecting, Dr. Laura Markham
- Positive Discipline, Jane Nelsen
- Parenting with Love and Logic by Cline and Fay
- UnSelfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World by Dr Michelle Borba
- Colic and Babies ~ Article by Dr Laura Markham
Children and Sleep
- Sleep: Misguided and Unhealthy Obsession
- Safe Cosleeping Guidelines by Dr. McKenna
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution, Elizabeth Pantley
- Why Human Babies Do Not and Should Not Sleep Alone by Dr. McKenna
- Understanding Your Child's Sleep Cues by Giselle Baumet
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book), La Leche League
- The Breastfeeding Book, Martha Sears, L.C.
- Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding, Ina May Gaskin
- Adventures in Tandem Nursing: Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Beyond, Hilary Flower
- Breastfeeding Made Simple by by Nancy Mohrbacher IBCLC, Kathleen Kendall-Tackett PhD IBCLC and Jack Newman MD
- The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth, Henci Goer
- Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way: Revised Edition, Susan McCutcheon-Rosegg
- Birthing from Within by Pam England
Natural Living Books
- Better Basics for the Home, Annie Berthold-Bond
- The Naturally Clean Home: 150 Super-Easy Herbal Formulas for Green Cleaning, Karyn Siegel-Maier
- Organic Body Care Recipes: 175 Homemade Herbal Formulas for Glowing Skin & a Vibrant Self, Stephanie Tourles
- The Creative Family, Amanda Blake Soule
- Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures, Amanda Blake Soule
- Seven Times the Sun: Guiding Your Child Through the Rhythms of the Day, Shea Darian
- Festivals Family and Food, Diana Carey
- Aromatherapy and Massage for Mother and Baby by Allison England
- Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health by Rosemary Gladstar
- Healing Wise by Susun Weed
- The Way of Herbs by Michael Tierra
- Herbal Healing for Women by Rosemary Gladstar
- The Little Herb Encyclopedia by Jack Ritchason
Book a Session
Disclaimer: I use a hand-selected number of affiliates to contribute towards continuing to offer free resources to mothers and pregnant people. There's no cost to you when you click on any of the affiliate links.