Thankfully there are a lot of resources for learning to babywear and the many benefits, as well as choosing what would work best for you. But to get you started, here’s a compiled list of things every new mom or mom-to-be should know about babywearing.
- Skip the mass produced front backs at a big box store. There are so many much more comfortable choices!
- You can do regular daily activities, hands free!
- Babywearing helps with colic and reflux.
- You can avoid carrying around that heavy portable carseat.
- Babywearing saves you from having to spend on other baby gadgets!
- Don’t give up with your first few attempts. Keep practicing!
- Regardless of well intentioned friends and family – you can’t spoil a baby.
- Babywearing can help cope with postpartum depression.
- Don’t be intimidated by the different baby carrier types.