Experienced and expert taught babywearing consults in Orange County.
We know that you'll love everything about carrying your baby in an ergonomically correct and comfortable baby carrier. Starting in 2005, Giselle Baumet was one of the leaders in making babywearing more accessible and mainstream in the USA through leading babywearing groups and owner of Granola Babies, which offered the largest selection of baby carriers in Southern California. We've led babywearing groups of over 100 members and have taught many families on how to properly use their baby carrier.
Through the years of experience and knowledge on baby carriers in the market, as well as having helped thousands of parents with baby carriers, you're now able receive that kind of specialty, privately.
Learn how to use either a ring sling, woven or stretchy wrap, mei tai or structured carrier.
Whether you're wanting to learn how to choose a baby carrier or how to use your very own, we're here for you. Book your private consultation today.
Each of our consultation options includes helping you choose and/or use your baby carrier. We also will access your baby carrier for safety and its ability to hold your child in an ergonomically correct way.
You’ll receive step-by-step instruction on how to use your baby carrier in front or hip carry. You’ll also practice these steps during the consultation.
Each consultation is up to an hour long.
Back carries with a woven wrap or other baby carrier is an advanced skill. To learn how to do a back carry with a woven wrap, mei tai or structured carrier, please contact us before signing up for consultation. For back carries, baby must be able to sit on his/her own and you must be able to do proficiently use the baby carrier in a front or side carry.
About Giselle Baumet
I have 14 years of experience in baby wearing education, including having attended the Babywearing Institute of Utah. My passion is pregnancy, baby and beyond. The beyond being that amazing, life-changing journey one experiences from the moment we know we're pregnant through the years into motherhood. I live in that passion and in ways to serve my purpose in this world. It's been one of consciousness..and so much awareness. Through the years, I've gathered knowledge and experience that has led to a diverse and full range of education. These include:
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
Wholistic Women's Life Coach
- Maternal Mental Health training including the currently in progress Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Reiki II Practitioner
Aromatherapist and Herbalist (400+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School, The Science and Art of Herbalism
- Cultural Awareness training
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 14 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience.
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this class or other classes/services. Please contact me anytime.