Breastfeeding may be natural but it's not always easy...
Consult available virtually or in-person.
I know that breastfeeding is natural...but that it's not always easy! With experienced lactation support, you can learn how to breastfeed your baby with confidence.
Lactation consultations begin with discussing your breastfeeding goals and then providing you with the education and hands-on learning you need to be able to nurse your baby successfully.
There are many ways that breastfeeding can "look" like for mothers. Some mothers choose to breastfeed exclusively, and others prefer a combination of breastfeeding and supplementing with formula. I am here to support you. Whatever your decision is, I will help you achieve it.
During your consultation, I will:
- Observe your baby's feeding
- Make suggestions to correct any latch issues
- Educate you on what is a good latch
- Make suggestions and recommendations for establishing your milk supply
- Teach you how to avoid fundamental breastfeeding challenges
- Work with you on any current breastfeeding challenges you are having with your baby
You will receive resources and support, and your visit will also receive a follow-up text/email within a week after your consultation to ensure that breastfeeding is going well.
Mothers like you found a consultation with Giselle helpful."What a difference since you helped us!!! She has been feeding so well- the stress of feeding is gone. I can tell the difference in her as well when its time to feed she is happy no more stressing! Thank you so much for your assistance!" ~ Cecilia
"I want to thank you for helping me breastfeed my son and correcting the latch issues that I didn't even realize we had! He's gaining weight well and it's all been because of the time you spent with us. Thank you!" ~ Jasmine
- Perinatal Mental Health Specialist including currently in progress Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
- Certified Life Coach with the Creative Academy of Coaching
- Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist with Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute
Certified Specialist in Hypnosis and Childbirth with the American Hypnosis Association
- Reiki Practitioner (a Japanese energy healing modality)
- Aromatherapist and Herbalist (400+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School, The Science and Art of Herbalism, as well as lifelong learning since childhood
- Cultural Awareness training
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with the University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 15 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this class or other classes/services. Please contact me anytime.
Lactation Consultation is $150 in-person or $100 virtually.
In-person available in Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, certain parts of Irvine and Santa Ana (email to learn if your area is included). If your city is not on your list, there's a $50 additional fee.