Breastfeeding support and guidance is so crucial during the breastfeeding journey. If it wasn't for the support of lactation educator back in 2005, I truly believe I would not have continued to nurse my baby girl. And to be among other mothers that were also breastfeeding, kept me motivated and encouraged those early weeks.
I'm Giselle Baumet, Perinatal Educator and Certified Lactation Educator. I've been teaching breastfeeding classes and facilitating groups for 10+ years (including teaching nurses how to support mothers in breastfeeding). After helping thousands of families in their breastfeeding journey, plus also nursing my own four children, I believe that breastfeeding support is essential and should be available to all.
Join this Breastfeeding Support Circle to receive:
keys to successfully breastfeed confidently,
without pain and comfortably,
with sufficient milk supply,
and you get to ask your questions and share your knowledge with other mothers.
The recommended breastfeeding guidelines are to exclusive breastfeed for the first six months, at which time you'll introduce solids, while continuing to breastfeed. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breastfeeding for at least one year, and the World Health Organization recommends at least two years. I often say, TAKE IT ONE WEEK AT A TIME. And then evaluate what you feel is best to do. But know that you aren't alone in your breastfeeding journey. We are here for you.
Have an older baby or nursing toddler?
Feel free to join! This circle is for those interested in nursing or currently nursing their little ones.
- Perinatal Mental Health Specialist including currently in progress Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
- Certified Women's Life Coach
- Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist with Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute
Certified Specialist in Hypnosis and Childbirth with the American Hypnosis Association
- Reiki Practitioner (a Japanese energy healing modality)
- Aromatherapist and Herbalist (400+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School, The Science and Art of Herbalism, as well as lifelong learning since childhood
- Cultural Awareness training
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 15 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this class or other classes/services. Please contact me anytime.
Once you register, you'll receive Zoom meeting details. Class fee is per pregnant person. For the sake of comfort of nursing mothers, who may be nursing during this meeting, I ask that males not attend the meeting.