Learn about parenting toddlers in a comfortable and welcoming playgroup!
Upcoming Dates for our 6 Week Series
Winter 2020: Thursdays 9am - 10am starting January 9 - February 20 (no class Feb 6)
- Spring 2020: Thursdays 9am - 10am starting March 26 - April 23
- Summer 2020: Thursdays 9am - 10am starting May 21 - June 25 (no class June 11)
- Fall 2020: Thursdays 9am - 10am starting September 10 - October 15
Play and Learn with Positive Tots Playgroup
Positive Tots is a playgroup where toddlers play with creative and natural toys, while you observe and have open group discussions each week. You'll learn parenting tools that you'll be able to start using that same day.
Positive Tots Playgroup begins with a welcome to transition the children into playgroup. As the children play in our non-toxic, natural play toys, parents and facilitator will have open parenting discussions covering topics that will help you parent your toddler the best possible way you can. Playgroup ends each week with a goodbye song and storytime to help transition the children out of the playgroup and to the next activity you've planned.
The wonderful part about having the toddlers in the group, playing and interacting with other toddlers and mothers, is that often times the same parenting challenges you're facing will surface with the toddlers during the group. And with guidance, you'll be able to use the parenting concepts you're learning, and see these work within the group setting. It's like taking Giselle along with you to a playgroup and learning as you go!
Learn positive parenting with new lessons each week.
- What to do before correcting.
- How to be kind and firm at the same time.
- How to use positive time-out.
- The pros and cons of encouragement vs praise.
- How to give choices.
- How to validate and learn the belief behind the behavior.
- How to ask for the kind of behavior you'd like to see.
- What to do about negative behaviors.
- Setting up routines that work.
- Communicating expectations in a way that your child understands.
- Building trust between parent and child.
Positive parenting has been proven to have a positive impact on children. Children learn how to develop close relationships, increase self-esteem and engage with their families and peers. By using positive parenting, you're planting a seed for how your own child will parent their children.
You're welcomed (and encouraged) to bring your toddler (and young baby sibling) to this playgroup-based Positive Parenting Group for Tots. Class includes parent, co-parent and toddler (as well as baby sibling, if applicable).
About Giselle Baumet
My passion is pregnancy, baby and beyond. The beyond being that amazing, life-changing journey one experiences from the moment we know we're pregnant through the years into motherhood. I live in that passion and in ways to serve my purpose in this world. It's been one of consciousness..and so much awareness. Through the years, I've gathered knowledge and experience that has led to a diverse and full range of education. These include:
- Childbirth Educator with The International Childbirth Education Association and Birthing from Within
- Certified Lactation Educator/Counselor with University of San Diego
- Postpartum Doula with DONA
- Integrative Postpartum + Relationship Coach
- Certified Positive Parenting Educator with Positive Discipline
- Reiki II Practitioner
Holistic Aromatherapist (250+ hours) with Institute of Integrative Aromatherapy and Heart of Herbs Herbal School
- Baby Friendly Initiative (created by World Health Organization and UNICEF) educator to nurses at various hospitals.
- American Heart Association Certified BLS Instructor
- Marketing Bachelor's of Science, Rhode Island College
- 14 years of Prenatal and Postpartum teaching experience.
- And my most rewarding role..mother of four amazing children.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this class or other classes/services. Please contact me anytime.
Newport Beach: class is located at 200 Newport Center Dr #309, Newport Beach, CA 92660, near Fashion Island. There's free parking available in front of the office building and the studio is on the third floor (there's an elevator).