A Holistic Approach to Postpartum Doula Care in Orange County
Virtually or In-Person
The fourth trimester is the first 12 weeks post-birth, where so much learning, experiences, transitions, feelings, and emergence happens with you, the mother.
My role as a postpartum doula is to nurture and care for you to best care and nurture your child. I hold space for you, caring for you and passing on my knowledge to you so that when our work together is finished, you as the mother feel confident, elevated, and ready to care for yourself and your child.
As a Perinatal Mental Health Specialist in Orange County, I offer full spectrum postpartum care.
What Does a Postpartum Doula Provide
As a postpartum doula, I support, nurture, and guide the mother.
Some of the things I do during your visits may include:
- breastfeeding and bottle-nursing support and education
- preparing a nourishing meal for you
- babywearing education
- at times holding the baby while you rest
- mothering mentoring and support so that you can know all the fantastic ways you are made to care for your baby
- teaching you baby care basics, such as diapering, bathing baby, and more
- tidying the area around you so that you can rest without worry
- expert product recommendations
- referrals to just about anything you need in postpartum and beyond
- preparing sitz baths for perineum care
- infusing herbal blends for wellness and lactation
- preparing your energy balls that boost energy and help with lactation
- emotional and psychological support and guidance
Research shows that a postpartum doula can make a difference in the emotional, physical, and psychological wellness of the mother. Many women find that when they receive the services of a postpartum doula, their likelihood of postpartum blues and depression is significantly reduced.
Also, your postpartum care includes holistic and traditional postpartum care, such as belly binding, yoni steam, and Reiki.
My postpartum doula services include holistic care.
Since I offer a holistic approach to postpartum care, I also customize additional care for you during our visits.
Your session may also include:
- Herbal Yoni Steam
- Guided postpartum meditation
- Reiki with crystal healing session to balance mother's energy after birth
- Custom Postpartum Aromatherapy Blend for Mother
- Postpartum sealing (known as "Cerrada Postparto" in Latin culture) with the use of rebozos, as a way to end the powerful process of birth (regardless if it was a vaginal or Cesarian birth).
- Belly binding
For availability and scheduling, please contact Giselle at 949-630-8249.
Tip: Reserve Giselle's Holistic Postpartum Doula services during pregnancy for best availability.
The investment towards your postpartum wellness is $597 per week, including three (3) hour visits each week for the first 6-8 weeks post-birth.
It also includes referrals and unlimited email support during the time that I am your postpartum doula.
My services as a postpartum doula are a minimum of one week and a maximum of eight weeks. I work with only one family at a time.
Virtual support is $297 per week and includes (3) 50 Minute Zoom Calls a Week. It also includes referrals and unlimited email support during the weeks/months that I am your postpartum doula.
Postpartum Care During a Pandemic (Covid-19)
The need and importance of a mother's emotional and psychological wellness and physical comfort during postpartum does not change when there's a pandemic. I'm happy to support mothers throughout the pandemic.
We also know the safety of the mother and the postpartum doula is essential.
As a postpartum doula, I work with only one family at a time. I only provide postpartum doula services to families that have practiced social distancing and commit to wearing a mask when out around others, per the State guidelines (if this is not the case for your family, then my Virtual Postpartum Doula service is available). With both my family and your family following these precautions, we become a “pod,” and we can both feel comfortable not wearing a mask when in the home. Though as an additional precaution, I wear a mask when holding a baby.
In my postpartum doula agreement, you will see that we both must agree to reschedule service (until fully healed) should there be any sickness signs.
Personally, being careful during a pandemic has been a priority for my family.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about postpartum doula services; please contact me.
Giselle Baumet is a Perinatal Mental Health Specialist, Aromatherapist and Energy Worker, Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, and Postpartum Doula, providing alternative and complementary health care. These services are not a replacement for medical care, nor is it considered licensed medical care.